According to Designboom.com, Arcgency and worldFLEXhome have teamed up together to create a pre-fab home that exceeds the international environmental standards for an “active home”, or environmentally sustainable home. The 3-bedroom home is made from 3 containers and is adaptable to different environments including earth-quake prone areas.
Some of the sustainability features include recycled containers, bamboo siding, rainwater collection from both the roof and the pavement around the home and a solar-cell green roof.
This particular home is located in Wuxi, China. It was finished in 2012. For more pictures of the construction of the container, check out arcgency’s website.
What do you like or don’t like about this house?
- DIY Modification Kits (1)
- Cargo Shipping Containers (6)
- Maintenance & Parts (11)
- Storm Shelter/Root Cellar (12)
- Hunting (15)
- Delivery Methods (25)
- Buy or Rent (33)
- Farm Uses & Pole Barns (36)
- Container Sizes and Specs (38)
- Construction Site Uses (41)
- Sales & Pricing (44)
- Container Office (45)
- Storage (57)
- Unique Container Uses (64)
- Cabins & Projects (74)
- Modifications & Painting (107)