We recently had a project to modify a container for a client. Here are pictures as the project progressed. The goal was to have 2 holes cut and framed for vents, a hole cut and framed (and left open) and a man-door on a one-trip/”new” 20’ container.
First, the holes marked off and are cut. One of the holes was in the door of the container. Given the size of the vent and the corrugation on the door, it was determined that no framing was necessary.
Then, the framing is put in. The door was installed. The framing was painted to match the color of the container.
If you were going to modify a container, what would you do?
- DIY Modification Kits (1)
- Cargo Shipping Containers (6)
- Maintenance & Parts (11)
- Storm Shelter/Root Cellar (12)
- Hunting (15)
- Delivery Methods (25)
- Buy or Rent (33)
- Farm Uses & Pole Barns (36)
- Container Sizes and Specs (38)
- Construction Site Uses (41)
- Sales & Pricing (42)
- Container Office (45)
- Storage (57)
- Unique Container Uses (64)
- Cabins & Projects (74)
- Modifications & Painting (107)