- Maintenance & Parts (9)
- Storm Shelter/Root Cellar (11)
- Hunting (14)
- Delivery (19)
- Buy or Rent (31)
- Container Sizes and Specs (32)
- Farm Uses & Pole Barns (32)
- Construction Site Uses (38)
- Sales & Pricing (39)
- Container Office (40)
- Storage (53)
- Unique Container Uses (57)
- Cabins & Homes (68)
- Modifications & Painting (98)
Here are 4 things to think about when planning your office container: 1. How do you want to use the space? Think about how many rooms you will need and what configuration will work best for your needs.
2. What modifications will you need for your office? Some typical modifications are: doors (service doors and roll-up doors), windows, partitions, HVAC, insulation/paneling. Do you have any special modifications, such as specialty flooring, venting, etc?
3. Who do you want to do the modifications? If you can weld, you can do a large amount of the modifications yourself. If you don’t weld, think about having some of the modifications done for you.
4. What about electricity and plumbing? You will probably need electricity to run office equipment. Depending on your location, you may also need to provide plumbing. Think about when will be the best time to add that into your modifications. Sometimes it is easier to have the basic modifications done for you, then have an electrician and plumber come in before insulating and finishing the container.
Container offices can be as simple or as elaborate as you want or need them to be. Check out our other postings on our blog for ideas on the kinds of modifications others have done either by clicking through the topics on the right side of this page or just scrolling through. You might find a great solution to your office needs.